I installed WordPress Newsletter on my server, and I want to set up a cron job to trigger WordPress Newsletter's cron job script. What should I do to set up the cron job?
As recommended by WordPress Newsletter officially at here, you may use WorkCron to trigger cron job script in WordPress Newsletter.
Our webcron service is best for triggering WordPress Newsletter's cron job script. Just follow below simple steps to configure cron job for your WordPress Newsletter:
- Before using WorkCron, please add define('DISABLE_WP_CRON', true); to your wp-config.php file to disable the WP Cron System.
- Open your cron job dashboard, click on " Cron Job" button.
- In field "URL to call", enter http://www.example.com/wp-cron.php (replace www.example.com with your install location). Choose an appropriate cron job execution frequency (for WordPress Newsletter, we recommend to have the cron job run "each 5 minutes"). Checkout below screenshot:
Set up cron job for WordPress Newsletter
- If necessary, finish the other optional settings.
- Click "Create Cron Job" button. You're done! WorkCron will trigger your WordPress Newsletter's cron job script dutifully according to your time setting.
- If you haven't registered your WorkCron account yet, click on the "add a password" link on the top to add an email and password to your account.