I installed Matomo on my server, and I want to set up a cron job to trigger Matomo's cron job script. What should I do to set up the cron job?
Our webcron service is best for triggering Matomo's cron job script. Just follow below simple steps to configure cron job for your Matomo:
- Open your cron job dashboard, click on " Cron Job" button.
- In Matomo admin panel, disable browser trigger:
Disable browser triggers for Matomo archiving and limit Matomo reports to updating every hour
- In field "URL to call", enter http://www.example.com/path/to/piwik/misc/cron/archive.php?token_auth=XYZ (replace http://www.example.com/path/to/ with your install location). Choose an appropriate cron job execution frequency (for Matomo, we recommend to have the cron job run "every hour"). Checkout below screenshot:
Set up cron job for Matomo
- If necessary, finish the other optional settings.
- Click "Create Cron Job" button. You're done! WorkCron will trigger your Matomo's cron job script dutifully according to your time setting.
- If you haven't registered your WorkCron account yet, click on the "add a password" link on the top to add an email and password to your account.